From the first moment you step onto Solomons Island, its quiet charm and picturesque landscapes offer a respite from today’s hectic pace. You’ll breathe a little easier, smile a little bigger and feel a little lighter. The island village is also home to a plethora of restaurants, taverns, cafés, antique and gift shops, wineries, museums and more.
- Enjoy nearby award-winning restaurants
- Stroll downtown and take in the quaint Colonial and Victorian architecture that is prevalent on the island
- Head to the boardwalk that follows the southwest side of the island and marvel at the breathtaking views of the Patuxent River
- Retrace the area’s rich history at the Calvert Marine Museum or tour the Drum Point Lighthouse
- Love antiquing? You’ll find an abundance of options in and around the area
- The Smithsonian’s Annmarie Sculpture Garden and Arts Center is just down the road; offering classes, events and community programs
- Several wineries that are part of the southern Maryland wine trail are just a short drive away
- Nearby Calvert Cliffs State Park should not be missed
There is an unspoken philosophy shared here, one that honors the majesty of the sea and the simpler pleasures of life. Life in this seaside village is a little different – in the best possible way. Stroll down the street and be greeted by strangers like a long-lost friend. Sip cocktails on the dock while admiring the sunset. Take an impromptu walk along the shore, just to feel the wonderful breeze. Head out for a day on the water wherever the wind takes you. It’s been the way of life here for 150 years, and its undeniable charm seeps into your soul. Every aspect of this waterside community has been thoughtfully designed and planned out.
Welcome to the Harbours. Welcome home.